Guide to Troubleshooting BioCyc.org Access Issues
BioCyc Access Status
Utilizing a BioCyc Institutional Subscription
- View our subscriber list to check whether your institution has a subscription.
- If your institution does have a subscription, try accessing our site from within your institution’s network or VPN, or follow your library's instructions for using your institution's proxy server for viewing library resources. Some institutions may require you to use a proxy server even within their network.
- If these methods do not work, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- The name of your institution.
- Cut-and-paste the complete URL of the error page (with a title such as "You exceeded your access limit for this month" or "Subscription access only") from the browser address bar.
- Your IP address from within your institution’s network, such as from an on-campus location. To find your IP address, please visit https://ip-lookup.net/.
- If your institution is not listed as a subscriber, please contact your librarian and request a subscription. You can also contact us for help in setting up a subscription for your university or company.
- If you need immediate access, consider subscribing as an individual while the library subscription is in process.
Utilizing a BioCyc Individual Subscription
To utilize an individual BioCyc subscription, login to your BioCyc account. If a subscription is properly associated with your account, you will see a subscription end date in your account "Preferences".
If your subscription is not associated with your account, please contact us.
Troubleshooting BioCyc Access Issues
If you cannot view the BioCyc home page, or you received an error message, please email us at email@example.com. Please report the error message (include a screen shot), the complete URL of the page you are trying to access, state the sequence of actions you that produced the error, and include a screen shot of the box above labeled "BioCyc Access Status".